Embodied Healing – Trauma Informed Yoga Series
DATE: Mon. Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7, 21, 28 and Nov. 4
TIME: 4:30-5:30 pm
LOCATION: The Healing Therapy Alliance – 55 Eglinton East, Suite 507
Facilitated by: Lisa Mitchell RYT, M.Ed.
Yoga is an ancient system promoting healing and wellness of the physical, emotional and energetic bodies. It is a powerful tool to help integrate the whole self through physical movements, breathing and mindful attention.
Trauma can occur through events that threaten our life or body. It can also occur through ordinary events that exceed our ability to cope. To heal from trauma, a connection must be made to oneself, including one’s body. Yoga encourages this process. With Lisa’s guidance, you will develop a more positive relationship with your body through mindfulness, breathing and gentle postures. No yoga experience is required. Breathing and moving exercises will be gentle and accessible for most people.
- Invite mindful curiosity and compassion for your experience
- Cultivate a more positive relationship with your body
- Develop a relationship with your breath
- Practice grounding to build a sense of safety and stability
- Discover a sense of centre
- Make choices that serve you
Each class is one hour and there is space for a maximum of five participants. This is a closed group and no new comers will be permitted once the series begins.
Contact Lisa Mitchell at email@example.com to register by September16th. Before the group starts, Lisa will set up a short telephone call to discuss participation. Payment of $180 is required by September 18th to participate. E-transfer funds to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A yoga mat if you have one, otherwise one will be provided
- A water bottle and wear loose comfortable clothes